Metro MLS introduces the addition of several new fields to FlexMLS to provide a more robust search and standardization of fields across both Metro MLS and WIREX searches. Go-live is Tuesday, February 12th, 2013.
Upcoming Features include:
Identify number of Full
and Half Baths by level.
Add and search Laundry Room by level on the Rooms tab.
Several fields will now be required along with identifying the source of where the information was acquired.
- Est Total Square Footage and Source
- Est Year Built and Source
- Est Acreage and Source
New non-required fields include:
- Est Finished Above Grade Square Footage and Source
- Est Finished Below Grade Square Footage and Source
- Est Water Front Footage and Source
NOTE: Refer to the Property Type Summary of Changes to review which fields apply to the different property types. To view a sample of a completed form, click here.
3) Broker or Agent
7) Plat Map
8) Public Record
What does this mean to you after we install the updates?
- All new listings added after the update will require filling in the new fields.
- Any EXISTING listings that are modified will be prompted to fill in the new fields. The listing cannot be saved until ALL empty required fields are filled in.
- The detail range fields that correspond to the new fields will no longer be available when adding a new listing to prevent duplicate data entries.
As a result, if you want to find new listings created as of February 12th, you will need to create a 'companion' search.
Tip: start collecting the new information now for your active listings using the Summary of Changes form.
- It is important to put in the estimated data as required. Putting a zero in for Est. Year Built or Est. Total Square Footage will yield incomplete search results.
Example #1: The search criteria is entered as Single Family, Full Search, Est Year Built from 2009 to 2012. If the listing agent entered a zero (0) in the Est Year Built field then the listing will never be displayed in the search results as it is not in the range searched upon.
Example #2: The search criteria is entered as Two-Family, Full Search, Est Total Square Footage from 1000 to 3000. If the listing agent entered a zero (0) in the Est Total Square Footage field then the listing will never be displayed in the search results as it is not in the range searched upon.
- Electronic Consent Yes/No: Indicate 'Yes' for Yes if your seller has consented to the use of email as a means to deliver documents and written notices related to their transaction.
- Continue to use the current profile sheets until the updates have been installed.
NOTE: The new profile sheets are located on the Forms and Rules page.
Any questions, please call the Help Desk at 414.778.5450.
Or e-mail email@example.com. You may also follow our updates at http://twitter.com/metromls.