Metro MLS challenges all members to use less paper. One great way is to upload your documents to your listings rather than faxing them in.
Fax statistics for your listings:
- On average 4000 faxes were added to flexMLS each month for 4th quarter of 2010.
- Each fax averages 3 sheets of paper: the cover sheet and a 2-page report.
- 4000 faxes times 3 sheets of paper for each fax; that is 12,000 sheets of paper each month!
- So drum roll…. that totals 36,000 sheets of paper for the 4th quarter of 2010.
Here comes the Green Challenge Goal:
The challenge is to cut the number of faxes from 4000 faxes each month to an average of 2000 faxes each month by the end of 2011. That’s a lot of paper!
How can this be accomplished?
- Upload the documents to your listings as a PDF into FlexMLS rather than faxing them.
If you need help, view the following video tutorial on how to upload a document to a listing. You may also refer to KB 84 Document Uploader, KB 158 Convert Documents to PDF, and KB 208 PDF compression software.
Why upload your documents?
- Uploaded documents are attached to your listing immediately, no longer wait up to an hour to see if your faxed document attached correctly to your listing.
- Uploading gives you more document options.
- Save on printing and toner costs as well as saving paper.
- Reduce negative environmental factors by reducing the number of trees harvested for paper manufacturing.
- Digital storage saves time, space, and headaches!
NOTE: Uploaded documents have to be 1 MB in size or smaller. If it is larger, there are free software\websites you can use to resize.
Any questions, please call the Help Desk at 414.778.5450.
Or e-mail email@example.com. You may also follow our updates at http://twitter.com/metromls.