Effective immediately, a new policy will be enforced to minimize bounced e-mails.
Since the beginning of January, the FlexMLS system has been sending bounced e-mail notifications directly to you, the sender, to the primary e-mail address listed in your FlexMLS profile. These are FlexMLS e-mails that have not been delivered for one reason or another. Please review the following new policy:
• Policy applies only to Contact e-mail addresses tied to an automatic email event.
• Bounced e-mail addresses are expected to be fixed or resolved by you within 30 days.
• If the e-mail address associated with a Contact is not fixed or resolved, then the corresponding automatic e-mail event within Contact Management will be removed. Once the e-mail address is resolved, then you may re-add the automatic e-mail event for the Contact’s search at your convenience.
NOTE: This will not remove the Contact, the e-mail address entered for the Contact, or the search attached to the Contact, only the undeliverable auto e-mail event.
• Upon removal of the event, an e-mail will be sent to your primary FlexMLS e-mail address identifying the events removed.
• Removal of bounced e-mail address events will occur at the end of the following month.
Example: If you have received bounced e-mails with an April date that have not been fixed or resolved then they will be removed sometime on or after May 31st.
It is your responsibility to manage and support your Contacts which includes verifying that the Contact’s e-mail address are correct and that the messages are being received.
If you receive a bounced e-mail notification, please review and correct your Contacts' e-mail addresses. If you need assistance, please give us a call, or click the “Search the Knowledgebase” link located on the FlexMLS homepage; search for “bounce” and refer to Article 167.
It is recommended that you follow up with your Contacts to verify that the correct e-mail address has been entered into Contact Management in FlexMLS. If the e-mail address was entered incorrectly, you may simply update the e-mail address within the system, making sure to save your changes once updated. Please also take this opportunity to remove any Contacts that you no longer want in the system.
If you have any questions or need assistance, please feel free to contact MetroMLS technical support at firstname.lastname@example.org or 414.778.5450.