How Do I Search a Specific Area using Map Shape
One of the great features of FlexMLS is that you can narrow down a search geographically simply by drawing a box, a circle, or irregular polygon on a map. In Full Search click on the map tab; then in the Search areas box click on the desired shape to draw. If you are doing a search from Map Search click on the shape in the toolbar on the bottom of the map. You can have multiple shapes on the map at the same time as part of your search criteria. Map Search Video’s
To create a rectangular/square search area:
- Click on the square in your Search Areas box, then left click on the map to define one corner of your rectangle.
- Let go of the left mouse button and move your mouse until the rectangle is the desired size, and then left click again to complete the shape.
To create a circular search area:
- Click on the circle in your Search Areas box, then click on the map in the center of the area for your search.
- Let go of the left mouse button and move your mouse to increase the radius of the search from that center point, left click again to complete the circle. (For the circle as you move your mouse it will tell you how big the radius is on the right hand side of the shape.)
To create an irregular-shape/polygon search area:
- Click on the polygon in your Search Areas box, and then click on the map to define the first corner of your polygon.
- Let go of the left mouse button and drag your mouse to the next point and left click on the map until your search boudaries are defined. (Your polygon can have as many points as you need to define your search area.)
- Double-left click at the last spot to complete your polygon.
If you have messed up when drawing any of your shapes; you can start over by clicking on the red circle with the white line in it in the search areas box next to the shape you want to remove.