Clearing your Browsing History
Clearing your browsing history can significantly improve the speed and performance of your browser. The following procedures provide steps to clear the cache memory for a variety of browsers. To check to see which internet browser you are using see the Check Version of Internet Browser knowledgebase article.
Clearing Cache on Microsoft Internet Explorer
In the Internet Explorer menu bar click Tools and select Delete Browsing History.
or if you do not have the Internet Explorer Menu at the upper left
- Click on the Tools Icon at the right and select Delete Browsing History.
- Put a check mark in everything but the following:
- Preserve Favorite Website data
- Click the Delete button at the bottom of the window.
- Click the Close button on the bottom of the Delete Browsing History window.
- Relaunch Internet Explorer.
Clearing Cache in Chrome Browser
- Click on the Icon in the upper right of the browser with the three lines in it.
- Select Settings
- Click on History in the left hand column.
- Click on the Clear Browsing Data button.
- In the Clear Browsing Data screen in the Obliterate the following items from drop down, choose the beginning of time. Place a check mark in all of the boxes but passwords and click the Clear Browsing Data button.
- Close out of Chrome completely to finish the clearing process.
Clearing Cache in Firefox Browser
- Click Tools and select Clear Recent History.
- In the Time Range drop down choose Everything.
- Put a Check mark in all of the check boxes.
- Click the Clear Now button.
- Close and relaunch Firefox.
Clearing Cache in Microsoft Edge
- Click on the button with the 3 dots in it and then click on Settings.
- In the Browsing History section click on Choose What to Clear.
- Click on Show More.
- Put a Check mark in all of the check boxes except passwords.
- Click the Clear button.
- When the dots stop moving to the right at the upper left of the screen, close and relaunch Microsoft Edge.